Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sea Horse--St. Pete Beach


I have had too many friends recommend this diner...and it really is what I would call a diner.  Breakfast and Lunch and NO dinner show!  Sounds a little old fashioned, but Sea Horse has remained the best food on Pass a Grille Drive.  I must say I find the "locals" restaurants some of the best you can enjoy! 

Walked into the front door...packed as we expected since there was only one parking space on the side of the building.  That was our first "good sign" since bad restaurants are always empty!   But then again...that is just my personal observation.

Comfortable Casual Dining!


We began with the Smoked Fish Spread at 6.95.   Nice treat for an appetizer.   Next...on to the Cuban Black Bean soup.  Nicely done, but I though a dash of salt helped.  We all continued with the Grouper platter, the Bacon Cheeseburger and the Crab Cake sandwich.  All the sandwiches were accompanied with fries or Cole slaw.   I chose Cole slaw since I still am "lo carbing" and everyone else enjoyed the fries.  I didn't care for the Cole slaw...a little too "commercial", but the fries were pretty good. 

























All in all...the Sea Horse remains a good value....and I need to hit the breakfast menu next time.  Good food...but a busy place...expect to wait for a table.   The locals know the drill!  



Sea Horse on Urbanspoon