Friday, April 20, 2012

Lee's Crab Trap II--Ellenton

While running around like a tourist we stopped in Ellenton to visit in the shops etc.  I did ask one shop keeper for a lunch recommendation and she said Lee's Crab Trap.  It was easy to find since it was right off 75 @ Memphis Road.  We pulled in about 12:30 and the place was quiet.  

Our server seated us at an indoor waterside table.  Quite nice, but a heavy touristy interior.  















Our server stopped by the table for drinks and was prompt on the return to the table.  He told us about the daily specials on the docket.  We decided on the Oyster Stew, Salad, and I asked the server to surprise me with my entreé.  He returned to the table with crab cakes, Cole slaw and sweet potato wedges. 







Nice stew with lots of oysters
Crab Cakes with Sweet Potato fries

Our lunch was a real bargain...tasty and fresh.   My crab cakes were full of crab but a little on the dry side.  A little more butter, a splash of Tabasco  in the sauté pan would have suited my palette.  Lee's is the kind of place I would return to again for more exploration of the menu. 

The Daily Specials

And a final Word of Warning!




Lee's Crab Trap II on Urbanspoon