Thursday, July 14, 2011

Crù Bistro and Wine Bar--Knoxville

Miss C and I jumped in for a quick lunch at Crù Bistro. Neither of us had been there before but I have wanted to go since they opened.   It took a little prodding from a new Blog Friend from Tampa/St. Pete area. Sweet Polly writes a great blog....and her photos are stunning.  She was here while I was in Gulfport/St. Pete.   I read her blog and decided we need to go as soon as I return to Tennessee.  I expected a little wait...but was totally shocked to see an empty restaurant.   It was 1PM and there wasn't another patron in the restaurant.  I really hope this isn't a bad sign in these tough economic times.  

Beautiful Cocktail Lounge

Our server was very attentive and knew the menu well.  That in itself is reassuring.    Miss C decided on the Chicken Hummus Wrap for $8 featured Grilled Chicken, Roasted Red Pepper, Hummus, Romaine, Olive Tapenade, Tomato, Feta, Garlic Aioli.  She raved about the wonderful flavors.  All the sandwiches and wraps feature freshly made chips.   French fries are available for a $2 up charge.  I loved the chips.  

I wavered between The Toasted Italian Sandwich, The Cuban, and The Nama Fish Taco for $8 Panko Whitefish, Cilantro Chimichurri, Spicy Mayo, Asian Slaw, Pico De Gallo.  I decided on the Fish Taco at my server's recommendation.   It was very good....loved the crunchy Asian Slaw and the spicy flavors were just right.  I could have eaten a couple more, but decided I will restrain myself!   Next time will be different.   

Chicken Hummus Wrap
Nama Fish Taco
I know we will be back...got to try all the exceptional menu items that I didn't get to enjoy today!  

Crù Bistro and Wine Bar on Urbanspoon