Friday, October 1, 2010

Sullivan's Fine Food--Knoxville

Stopped by for lunch.  I had not been here in quite a while and the first thing I noticed was their shop worn interior had received a major update.    Fresh...smart and wonderful warm colors.   Hats off to the interior designer who created a sleek, smooth color palette.  

On to the lunch menu....and suddenly, I noticed HIGH prices. At first I though I was looking at the dinner menu...but as I read further, this was the new and improved higher priced menu.  My dining guest, Miss C ordered The Northshore Salad that looked very good...but my, twelve bucks for a lunch salad was over the top for me.   I know..."look how much you are getting", but what did they expect me to do with all those "greens"?   I don't take food back to the "office".  This plate would serve a family of four. 

My choice was for the Sullivan’s Lunch Combination for  $7.95.  That included your choice of Homemade soup, Signature Salad, House Salad, Half Chicken Salad Sandwich, or Half Rocky Hill Club.   My choice was the House Salad and the Half Rocky Hill Club.  We also received a complimentary plate of two cornmeal muffins.   Our server, polite and accommodating, was short on the smiles.  We all have our days....

My House Salad was very good...fresh and crisp.   My Half Rocky Hill Club (Tennessee pit ham, "all natural" turkey breast, candied bacon and smoked cheddar cheese served on a French white baguette) had to be the driest baguette I have ever seen.   I removed the club ingredients and added to my salad, which made a nice chef salad.   The bread was left behind.       


Blue Plate Specials include Homemade Meatloaf $10.95, Pot Roast $12.95, Fried Chicken Tenders $10.95, Grilled Chicken $11.95, Farm Raised Catfish $12.95, Gulf Shrimp $13.95, &  Almond Crusted Flounder $14.95.   This is NOT a cheap Blue Plate Special place for lunch.   I couldn't imagine going back at these prices.  


The chalk board special at the entrance featured the FIVE DOLLAR burger for the day.  Underlined was NO SHARING.   Never occurred to me that I would share a hamburger!  


Sullivan's feature a very comfortable patio for dining in nice weather.   We enjoyed the interior while the patio enjoyed by quite a few on this beautiful Fall day.  


Nice Shady Patio


Rocky Hill and Maryville locations are closed Sunday.....with a NEW location in Franklin Square coming soon. 



Sullivan's Fine Food on Urbanspoon