Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cobalt--Orange Beach

My Favorite Dining Spot!

 

The Patio at Cobalt

Cobalt appears in my sights via the Urbanspoon App on my smartphone.  I just love the ability to find great restaurants while traveling.  


While staying in Gulf Shores, Al, we ventured over to Orange Beach to do a little sight seeing.  It was a very warm but rainy day and it was just fun driving around the beaches.  It was getting close to lunch time and we didn't have a clue where we were going to eat.  My new smartphone has taken over my decision making!  

We selected Cobalt in Orange Beach.   It is a little hard to find for strangers since it is tucked under the causeway bridge.  The GPS directs you but it took a couple of turns to get to the front door.  Glad we found this gem.  

Cobalt was featuring their Sunday Brunch for close to twenty bucks.   Everything looked good on the buffet, but I am not a buffet fan.  I want to sit, be served and not be jumping up and down all the time.  Cobalt was very busy as their reputation brings in the crowds.    We left our name with the host stand and sat at the bar for our table to become available.  


Busy Bar Scene

Our server quickly appeared with menus after we declined the buffet.  Good things were all over the menu...such a hard choice but we decided on the Fried Shrimp Plate and the Grouper Sandwich.    The Fried Gulf Shrimp were perfectly prepared with a crispy coating and nicely seasoned.  My Grouper Sandwich was one of the best I have enjoyed in a while.   It was very obvious all our food was fresh and prepared by an excellent kitchen staff.   My Coleslaw was a little bland...could have used an extra kick of vinegar.  The french  fries were the best. 


The Shrimp Platter

Gulf fresh Grouper Sandwich with Slaw
Addicting Seasoned Fries!! 
Our server asked what we were celebrating...It's MY Birthday!    She brought out a complimentary Red Velvet cupcake....fresh, tasty.   I wasn't finished yet and wanted more from their fabulous dessert case in the foyer.  


My Red Velvet Cupcake

Banana Pudding with Sugar Glazed Banana slices

My ALL TIME favorite dessert....Fried Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream/Caramel Sauce


Of all our dining choices, without a doubt Cobalt is 
ONE of the best experiences in quite a while.  
  I would highly recommend this restaurant 
to any foodie seeking a wonderful time.  



Cobalt on Urbanspoon