Friday, April 16, 2010

O'Charley's For Lunch--Knoxville


I have to admit that I have not been to an O'Charley's Restaurant in ten or more years.   And I really have to confess there isn't any reason....just one of those restaurants I don't go to.   Their food is generally good as I recall,  but when lunchtime is near, I am never near a location here in Knoxville.   Today was the day....I made efforts to dine.    



I was quickly greeted by staff and they immediately took me to a comfortable booth.   As I looked around the restaurant, it appears there are two or three supervisors watching everything.  The wait staff was "on the double" with their pace.     My server, Shannon, was quick to be present at my booth.   She knew the menu and answered questions without a pause.  




I decided on their Lunch Special of the House Salad and Half Club sandwich.   The portions were a little smaller than I expected but the salad was very good and the bleu cheese dressing was outstanding.   My Half Club was a little skimpy with the Turkey, Bacon, Ham, Monterrey Jack & Cheddar and NOT stacked that high according to the menu.  It tasted good...but still skimpy.    The total on the lunch selection was $6.79..a reasonable price.  They  offer Savory Signature Lunch Choices including White Cheddar Grilled Cheese, House Salad, Caesar Salad, Overloaded Potato Soup, Soup of the Day, Loaded Baked Potato.  The Hearty Favorites include Half Club Sandwich, White Cheddar Grilled Cheese w/ Bacon and Tomato and their 12-Spice Chicken Pasta.        All in all, the Lunch was a good value with prompt service. 



O'Charley's on Urbanspoon

No comments: