Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Silver Spoon Cafe--Knoxville

Silver Spoon Cafe moved!! 

...and the new location has not interfered with their food or service.


My last visit must have been three years ago.  I knew the transition to the Lovell Road location would be bumpy since the building appears to have been cursed.  Some restaurants can't survive with the ghosts of past owners.  

My server, Michael approached quickly and delivered drinks.  I browsed the menu to discover it looked like another menu in the area.    I need something new since my usual ordering can get in a rut.  I told Michael to surprise me....and he did.  

A Nice Loaf of Bread with Herb Butter
  
I enjoyed the bread but the herb butter
was just a little too salty for me.  

The Strawberry Pecan Salad

The Lunch Salad included Fresh Strawberries 
and candied pecans.  The Bleu Cheese added a nice touch.  
I found the Balsamic Dressing a little on the tart side....
could have used a bit more sweetener.  


My surprise entrée was Parmesan Crusted Tilapia..and it 
was perfectly prepared.  I enjoyed the fish but I would go back 
any day to enjoy the bed of rice it was served on.  An outstanding
Tomato Cream sauce was the perfect compliment to the plate.

 

I will be returning to the Silver Spoon.....and soon. 



Silver Spoon Cafe on Urbanspoon